In a few hours I’ll be embarking on an 11-day campervan road trip with my boyfriend Glenn and dog Audi. EEK! Nothing left to do now but be extremely Type A by checking and rechecking everything we’ve packed.
We are renting a small van conversion from Voyager Campervans in Minneapolis and luckily, rentals come with a lot of essential items like fans, power, lighting, stove, cooking fuel, coffee maker, camping chairs, bedding and most of the kitchen utensils you need.
This list is based off of an 11-day road trip in North American summer temperatures; between 40-80 degrees Fahrenheit. I’m assuming everyone knows what their own needs are as far as clothing and toiletries so this is just the “other” stuff. I’ve included a couple links to what I use if you’re curious. Obviously adjust this to your needs, I just always find packing lists to be super helpful!
- Bug spray
- Camera: I love my Sony a5100. It’s compact for hiking and takes amazing photos. It’s so easy to drop photos onto my phone so I can share them on the spot!
- Hand Sanitizer
- Lighter or Matches
- Flashlight or Lantern
- Water Bottle
- First Aid Kit
- Garbage Bags
- Towel for cleaning up messes
- Toilet Paper
Like I mentioned above, our rented campervan comes with lots of kitchen items. These are just the extras were bringing.
- Bottle Opener
- Tin foil
- Cooking Spray
- Dish soap
- Paper towel
- Beer and Wine :)
Random stuff you may find useful.
- Documents (Printed camping reservations and park passes)
- Deck of Cards
- Daypack for hiking
- Hammock & Ropes
- Dry bag (for potential canoe trips)
- Dog supplies (Audi is high maintenance: food, treats, collapsable bowls, flea & tick spray, ear cleaner, brush, her own towel)
- Rain Jacket
- Shower Sandals: Love my Birkenstock knockoffs for getting wet.
I’m sure this list will change after/if we complete our 11-day trip. Let me know if you think there’s anything we should or shouldn’t pack! I’d like to keep this list fluid and updated as we learn more about van living.